Background - Shabby Blogs

Friday, November 30, 2007

Way to Promote Abstinence, Auburn.

"FREE CONDOMS!!" some girl shouted from the stairs leading up to the Haley Center waving condoms back and forth. Guys immediately flock to her. She was handing them out to promote HIV prevention but only mentioned that once out of the twenty times she shouted the phrase 'free condoms'. Really, Auburn? I was so disappointed to see guys so anxious to grab them as I entered the doors to my classroom.

"Hey man, did you get any free condoms??"
"No."

He pauses. I wanted to turn around and tell this guy how proud I was of him for not being engulfed by the world, for not being just a regular guy... but in more simple words. Then...

"I mean, I think I'm just going to buy some good quality ones later on tonight."

Wow. Priceless. My heart shatters for those who only live for pleasure; those who live to get satisfaction from others, their king, their idol. It shatters when guys feel they have to place their pride in whether or not they have sex with a girl on a Friday night.

Life is good. I'm sure sex is good. It's a gift from God - there's nothing better! It is meant to be good and enjoyed when we're with the one we are to be with for life. Until then, we are to use that energy... weird, I know... to serve him in a pure way that is pleasing to Him.

I'm out.

No comments: